Christmas turkey in the oven is the best meat dish that you can choose for a pleasant dinner for a holiday. You can simply bake a carcass of turkey, if you do not have additional ingredients at hand. But if you buy parmesan and thyme, there is a chance to cook an incredibly aromatic turkey for Christmas, the taste of which will be remembered for more than one day.
Ingredients for cooking turkey:
- 1 large turkey carcass
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch of thyme (optional)
- 1 lemon
- 50 g of Parmesan (optional)
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons butter
- vegetable oil
- ground black pepper
Stages of cooking a Christmas turkey:
1. Peel the turkey, rinse with water and cut off the neck. Carefully separate the skin of the turkey (on the brisket, back) from the meat so as not to damage it.
2. Lubricate the brazier or other form for baking with oil, put the cut carrots and onions.
3. In a separate vessel mix Parmesan, melted butter, chopped garlic, salt and black pepper. This mixture is carefully placed under the skin of a Christmas turkey. Inside the carcass, put a bunch of thyme. Tie the legs of the turkey thread and pour the skin with lemon juice.
4. Lay the turkey to the chopped vegetables and put in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and prepare a Christmas turkey for at least 1.5 hours. If the turkey is too dry, it can be poured with water or fat, which is released from the carcass during baking.
You can also prepare a turkey in a special baking sleeve – it will be faster, and the carcass will not have to be watered with fat.